Hello Philly Students, there are some great events happening at The Barnes this fall, that everyone should come take part in.
On Friday, October 25th from 5-8pm be sure to stop in after school and enjoy the BARNES SHOP TRUNK SHOW: HARSHITA DESIGNS. Here you can meet artist in Philadelphia who use hand printed-textile designs for clothes and accessories. You’ll have the chance to:
- Meet the artist
- Get a sneak peak at the artist’s new fall designs, such as dresses, jackets, tunics, blouses and more all in special Harshita designs
- Attend a How to tie a scarf workshop where you can find new and exciting ways to spice up your scarf collection
Throughout the fall ArtSee Activities will be continuing, and they are a great way to relax in the afternoon and just let your mind venture into the world of art. They are free and a wonderful experience for all ages. Each month has a different theme inspired by the Barnes’ collection, and the theme for November is food with Let’s Eat. Some upcoming dates include:
- November 3 Sunday: 1–3 pm
- November 15 Friday: 5–7 pm
- November 16 Saturday: 11am–1pm
- November 17 Sunday: 1–3 pm
READY TO VISIT The Barnes Foundation? Check out the Barnes profile page for the hours you can use your STAMP pass!
This post was written by Asia Kaiser, a STAMP Teen Council member. Asia attends J.R. Masterman School.